How BACX is Changing the Landscape of Sports Nutrition Through Superfood Drinks
Here’s how BACX is changing the landscape of sports nutrition through superfood drinks - and why we’ll never stop doing it for all the right reasons.
Imagine; 100% plant-based superfood drinks packed with the perfect balance of simple and complex carbohydrates and other all-natural ingredients. A drink designed to power you through your favourite form of intense exercise without polluting your body or inhibiting your performance. It sounds too good to be true, right?
Right! Yet, we’ve just described BACX; our innovative new endurance fuel that uses the power of plants to offer what other sports nutrition brands can’t. We’re bored of empty promises and misleading health claims, and we’re here to shake up the industry with superfood drinks that won’t impede your performance.
Whether you’re an avid mountain climber or passionate gym-goer, it’s time to look past alarm bell-ringing buzzwords and really read the label on the back of your chosen sports nutrition product.
BACX superfood drinks: Our journey so far
Let’s start at the beginning.
BACX, our range of 100% plant-based superfood endurance fuels, was created by fitness fanatic and founder Jason, who knew there had to be a better way to supercharge his workouts than with the synthetic and unappetising sports nutrition products on the market. Over time, he realised that many of the products he and other athletes were relying on weren’t just hurting his taste buds – they were hurting his performance.
After ingesting sports nutrition supplements marketed as ‘performance-enhancing’ and ‘natural’, Jason dealt with side effects that no natural ingredients should induce. Coping with headaches, dizziness, heart palpitations and stomach issues became a painful and uncomfortable part of Jason’s exercise recovery process. Sound familiar?
Jason realised that, for too long, he’d been sold sports nutrition products that didn’t live up to the hype. He’d been sold chews, bars, gels and powders that didn’t aid peak performance in the way they’d promised. He’d been sold misleading health claims and marketing cliches. What he hadn’t been sold was a product that used the power of superfoods to keep him on the go for longer – without the painful side effects.
That’s why he created BACX – an endurance fuel packed full of plant nutrients, electrolytes and branched-chain amino acids (BCAA). BACX is here to rewrite the future of sports nutrition one sip at a time.
How we’re revolutionising sports nutrition with superfood drinks
We’re saying no to misconceptions about plant-based nutrition
Use the term ‘vegan’ or ‘plant-based’ in a conversation about nutrition and you’ll find that a lot of people don’t want to listen. Misconceptions around what plant-based nutrition can offer sports enthusiasts, especially high-performance endurance athletes, are rife. Many people still believe that animal-based proteins are superior in facilitating muscle building, endurance capacity and workout recovery than plant-based protein and nutrients. At BACX, we know differently.
….and yes to the power of plants for superfood drinks
There’s a reason why BACX products are 100% plant-based. We understand that for sports enthusiasts and endurance athletes to perform at the highest level for prolonged periods, they need a sustained supply of energy from sources that don’t cause blood sugar spikes and crashes.
This is a common issue in the sports nutrition industry, as many brands combine simple sugars with synthetic carbohydrate supplements to imitate the effects of slow-release carbs. Ever noticed the ingredient ‘maltodextrin’ in your sports nutrition product? This is the most commonly used polysaccharide responsible for causing short-lived spikes in energy.
At BACX, we wondered why so many brands were relying on synthetic ingredients to mimic the effects of slow-release carbohydrates instead of using the real thing. So, we went ahead and did it ourselves. In every bottle of our innovative plant-based fuels, you’ll taste our delicious and all-natural proprietary blend of two great superfoods: coconut and sweet potato.
We’re saying no to performance inhibitors
Maltodextrin isn’t the only ingredient that could be inhibiting your performance. Although sports nutrition supplements are supposed to help you reach your full potential during endurance exercise, many leading brands pack their products full of chemical compounds that achieve the opposite effect.
Whether you’re an ultra-marathon runner or extreme kayaking champion, making sure your endurance fuel keeps you going is key to success. That’s why you won’t find maltodextrin, caffeine, antioxidants or B vitamins in our superfood drinks. Here’s why:
- Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin, which is absorbed by the body at a quicker rate than glucose, causes short-lived blood sugar spikes – and frustrating energy crashes. Despite this, you’ll still spot maltodextrin on the back of most ‘natural’ sports nutrition products.
- Caffeine: Ingesting up to 200mg of caffeine can help to tackle feelings of fatigue, but once this plateaus, you’ll stop feeling the energy-boosting effects. After this, you’ll start to feel jittery and irritable.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidant supplementation has long been touted as a way to combat muscle fatigue. However, what a lot of the scientific literature surrounding sports nutrition fails to recognise is that it could impair exercise-induced mitochondrial biogenesis, therefore, hindering muscle growth and recovery.
- B vitamins: Excess levels of B vitamins can be detrimental to your health. Although B vitamins are essential for body function during exercise, surplus doses can cause nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, hair loss, rashes and nerve damage.
…and yes to science-backed ingredients for increased endurance capacity
Instead of packing BACX full of harmful synthetic ingredients, we’ve created performance-enhancing superfood drinks that incorporate the very best nutrients from coconuts and sweet potatoes.
Every ingredient in BACX has been selected to help you perform better for longer. Say goodbye to synthetic compounds and hello to healthy, performance-boosting endurance fuels containing:
- Superfood Carbs: We know that to perform well for prolonged periods, your body needs a significant reserve of energy. That’s why our unique plant-powered formula uses a combination of fast and slow-release unrefined carbohydrates from coconuts and sweet potatoes. Not only will this give you the immediate energy boost needed to get you off the ground, but it will also keep your glucose reserves high and delay muscle fatigue after hours of high-intensity exercise.
- Water: If you’re dehydrated, your muscles will struggle to convert the glucose you’ve ingested through your chosen nutrition product. This is the point at which the dreaded muscle fatigue starts creeping in. That’s why our superfood drinks are specially formulated with the right balance of water and carbohydrates. It’s also why we’ve chosen not to create carbohydrate gels, chews, or bars as we know they just don’t offer the right level of hydration.
- Electrolytes: Electrolyte imbalances, which can be caused by sweating during intense exercise, can contribute to a range of performance-hindering symptoms. They’re so important for muscle, nerve, vascular and immune functions in the body. In every bottle or pouch of BACX, you’ll get the perfect hit of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Branched-chain amino acids: BACX also offers all of the branched-chain amino acids you need for sustained energy. BCAA supplementation not only stands in for low glycogen reserves during endurance exercise, but also assists with muscle repair following prolonged periods of physical activity.
We’re saying no to unappetising and hard to digest sports nutrition products
Whether you’re climbing a mountain or running a marathon, perhaps the least inspiring thing you can do is stop to force down an unpalatable sports supplement. It’s no secret that many of the shakes, powders, gels, chews and bars on the market aren’t easy to stomach, which makes it challenging to absorb the nutrients you need for sustained physical activity. Many sports nutrition products also come in difficult-to-carry formats, which we knew was something we had to shake up.
…and yes to our delicious plant-based endurance fuel in an athlete-friendly format
We’re confident that there’s no other sports supplement product on the market that offers the same performance-boosting benefits, or delicious flavours, as BACX. We’re proud of our all-natural formula, which means you won’t find flavour-enhancing sweeteners or additives in our natural energy products.
The concentrated form of BACX endurance fuel mix means your hourly All PLANT nutrient requirements fit neatly into a pouch measuring 9.5cm wide by 12cm tall. They can easily and comfortably be stowed in shirt pockets, vests, frame bags or backpacks, and effortlessly mixed at your next water point. No more dosage confusion, cumbersome powders, or gels that neglect the chemical importance of water.
We’re saying no to misleading health claims and marketing cliches…
Unfortunately, many leading sports nutrition brands use misleading health claims and marketing buzzwords to sell products that don’t deliver on their promises. This is a huge issue within the industry – and something we knew we needed to address.
From describing their additive-infused isotonic drinks as ‘natural’ to suggesting their carbohydrate gels don’t need to be accompanied with water, incredibly important for optimum muscle function, many big-name brands exploit myths and misconceptions about nutrition to make sales and bolster their image.
…and yes to total transparency and truth
No hidden ingredients. No artificial flavours. No using the term ‘plant-based’ to describe vegan supplements that are devoid of healthy plant nutrients. That’s our promise with BACX. Produced by fitness fans for fitness fans, we know it’s time to cut through the noise with a superfood drink that doesn’t need to misinform.
With BACX, you can choose between Charge and Super Charge depending on the intensity and duration of your workout.
We’ve also customised our plant-based fuels to suit the different needs of male and female athletes, instead of promising enhanced performance without considering variations in body composition. We’ll never subscribe to the idea that there’s a one-size-fits-all approach to sports nutrition – because we know there isn’t!
INTRODUCING BACX: ALL NATURAL ENERGY FUELS CHANGING THE LANDSCAPE OF SPORTS NUTRITION
We’re revolutionising the sports nutrition industry with an endurance fuel drink like no other. Will you join us?
Hit the ground running with BACX Charge or enjoy the electrifying effects of BACX Super Charge.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.